Rödl & Partner is one of the leading global accounting, tax, and business advisory organizations dedicated to serving the needs of privately owned companies of German or other European origin that operate globally. By focusing on this unique niche, we have developed a dynamic group of professionals that offer exceptional service. We serve our clients through 6 offices within the United States of America and 94 offices worldwide.
Our goal is to help our clients grow faster by providing business services that deliver measurable value. To achieve this goal, we recruit exceptional candidates who want to make a difference and be an important part of our future. We invite you to visit our Web site at www.roedl.com/us and consider the following career opportunity.
To join our international tax practice in Atlanta, GA we are currently seeking a
Tax Associate (m/f)
This highly demanding position requires a positive, self-motivated individual with superior organizational skills, ability to work within deadlines and execute multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure a high level of professional standards.
- Review tax returns, equalization calculations, and other miscellaneous tax forms for expatriate employees
- Review U.S. payroll reporting, withholding for wages paid to expatriate employees for accuracy including annual compensation statements
- Design and implement expatriate tax program policy and administration
- Prepare complex individual income tax returns of high net worth individuals with substantial offshore investments and holdings
- Effectively communicate with our foreign offices and other foreign advisors of our clients
- Serve as a tax advisor to clients in a range of industries in domestic and international tax matters and support our generalists in responding to tax related questions
- Assist in monitoring multiple client engagements while serving as a business advisor to the client
- Research, write, and review client tax advice relating to domestic and international tax matters
- Supervise and aid in the development and training of new and experienced staff professionals
- Minimum of three years of experience in expatriate or individual tax with a national or large regional accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is generally required; J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university is preferred
- CPA (or commitment to pass CPA exam and obtain CPA licensure before being promoted to Manager), Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar required
- Thorough knowledge of individual tax planning for employee cross-border movement including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance and the tax equalization process
- Solid understanding of international income tax treaties
- Strong planning, research, writing and communication skills
- German language skills preferred but not required
We offer compensation commensurate with abilities and experience including competitive salary and benefits package (health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability, 401(k) plan, Flexible Spending Account plan, public transportation and vacation). No phone calls or agencies please.